Wednesday, November 05, 2008

making history

barack obama, 44th president of the united states of america.

who would have thought that only forty years after the assassination of martin luther king jr and the formal end of jim crow that a bi-racial black man would be elected president? what was especially impressive to me was the fact that the opposition argued against him because of his policies -- not because of his race.

having already written about my own reservations about an obama presidency, let me just say that there is still a part of me that is thrilled at his election. there's still work to be done in the area of race relations in america, but what an amazing distance we've covered in my lifetime.

i'll be praying regularly for president obama and his government. i hope you will too, no matter how you voted.

No comments: